Monday, March 24, 2014

I've Canceled My Membership to the Diet-of-the-Month Club

I used to belong to the "diet-of-the-month" club
I was a member for over 16 years
There are times that I've let my membership expire...
... only to renew it again, and again, and again
BUT, and this is a really big, gigantic, humongous BUT
I'm determined to never allow myself to join that silly club again

How many of you belong to this club?
The one that flip flops us from diet to diet
This year alone I've been....
Low Carb
Paleo
AND
Vegan
How does that even work?!?! 
Well, it didn't. I went insane and messed up my body

All of these diets promise results
Of course, anyone can see results on any of the diets
People can be perfectly healthy on any of these diets
But there are only the select few who can LIVE that way
I couldn't live with any of those 100%
... and if we can't live a life eating the way we are eating now
what makes us think we can be successful long term?
For some reason....
every time... 
every single time... 
 a new "issue" of the diet-of-the-month club came out
I was excited
FINALLY something I could do
But it always failed me, always

I'm ready to start a revolution....
okay, that was a little dramatic...
but seriously! Who is with me?
Let's all STOP
Let's all LIVE! 

This past week I've focused on getting myself back into the groove
Sure, weight doesn't fall of as quickly
But I lost 1lb this week. 
I'm starting off small
I'm focusing on counting my calories
Eating reasonable portions
But if I wanted a treat, I had it, as long as it fit within my calories
I'm not watching my fat
I'm not watching my sugar, fiber, protein or anything
These are all important and I will get there

But... I'm addicted to food
and I've tried the cold turkey approach
It just leads to a binges for me

This week I'm going to focus on getting active
I'm not ready to put my Fit Bit on (for all my Fit Bit friends)
But I am going to start walking
I'm going to get myself out there

I think its important to eat clean and be healthy
But I just can't do it all at once if I want it to be a way of life for me
Slow and steady wins the race 
Its a hard concept for me to swallow.... it really is....
and I will get to the point where I can be more strict with myself
But its going to be MY rules
I will no longer follow someone elses rules about "diets"
I've read enough of them to take bits and pieces 
to design a program that works for me

After all.........
I've never been very good at following rules
and that's why I've canceled my membership
to the diet-of-the-month club
Who is with me?!?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment