Thursday, May 15, 2014

Reboot


Last post I made the announcement 
that I had a new local health coach
and I'm excited to share with you
a little about what I'm doing this week!

This week I'm focusing on:
#1 Setting Goals - Short Term/Long Term
#2 Rebooting my body by doing an Elimination Cleanse

The Elimination Cleanse basically means
that I will eliminate a bunch of different foods
that are common allergens to people
and eat very simply for a set amount of days
and then I'll slowly bring back different foods
to see how my body reacts to them.
This will give my body a great reboot 
as I eat simply and healthfully.
This will also allow me to find any
food that my body is intolerant to.
I have bad digestive issues and
often get sinus infections during the winter
as well as a slew of other things 
and I suspect a gluten and/or diary intolerance

For a food addict this is going to be tough
The "Avoid List" includes....
Dairy
Gluten
Grains
Sugar
Most Beans
Eggs
Nuts
Soy
Preservatives/Processed Food
Alcohol
and a few other things I can't think of right now
But you get my drift. It's a lot. 

To give a sample of what my next week will look at
Here are just a few items on my meal plan 

Breakfast:
Smoothies
Berries, Banana, Spinach, Coconut Milk, Chia Seeds etc.

Lunch:
German Lentil Soup (Vegetarian)
OR
Simple Turkey Taco Salad w/
Lettuce, Organic ground turkey, Fresh Salsa, Guacamole

Dinner:
Chicken Fajita Salad w/
Lettuce, Organic Chicken Breast Chunks, Grilled Onions/Pepper, Guacamole 
Organic Low Sugar/Gluten-Dairy Free Fajita Seasoning 
OR
Lemon Rosemary Chicken w/ Balsamic Brussels Sprouts or Steamed Artichokes
and a Sweet Potato 

Snack(s):
Raw Veggies w/ Guacamole
Organic Lunch Meat
Pure Coconut Water
Pumpkin/Sunflower Seeds
Fruit

Right now I've been in pre-detox mode for the last four days
preparing for the 7 day detox
that will start tomorrow (Friday May 16)

So why tell you this?
Because right now I have 338 Accountability Partners on LPI
As I'm going through this I will have lots of raw emotions
that I will want to get out
and I need your help to cheer me on and keep my motivated!
Let's do this! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing how your elimination cleanse goes. In 2010, my son eliminated known allergens--eggs, milk, nuts, fish, wheat and soy. The minute he added wheat, he became completely ill. He avoids wheat, has lost 80 pounds and is much healthier-- mentally and physically. You can do it!! ---Suzanne, Tucson AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne! I'm thinking that wheat plays a huge role in my upset. I won't go into details but often when I eat something with wheat it seems like I'm cramping and headed straight for the bathroom. But, I eat out often and also eat dairy often so I'm not 100% sure if its the wheat, the dairy or the preservatives. Hence the reason why I'm doing the elimination detox to find out. I also committed to not eating out for the entire time which is HUGE for our family! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete